Sunday, July 2, 2017

Pie Baking Contest

I had the pleasure of entering my very first pie baking contest this July 4th holiday weekend. What a thrill that was. The judges lifted the entries to inspect the filling, they broke the pie crust to examine the interior, and allowed themselves plenty of time to come to a final decision.
My pie is the very first one in the picture- Sour Cream Apple - and although I didn't win first prize, a free cooking class with the chef at Zesti's in Hartland, I enjoyed the competition and tension the other bakers and I experienced when the judging began. We huddled together doing our best to decipher what the judges were saying. Too funny!
The well-deserved winner was a lemon meringue cheesecake pie. The winner said it took her all day to make it! I've never even heard of that pie, but hope to get that recipe.
Along with writing romance stories, I love baking pies - it's another creative outlet that brings a lot of joy to others. Whatever you do this holiday, I hope it brings happiness into your lives. Until next time, let us enjoy this life we are blessed to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Romance Release Day Drawing Near!!

December 1st will be a special day for me because my Christmas romance in eBook format will be released to retailers including Amazon, ...