Monday, February 6, 2017

A Dog's Birthday

Today was our dog, Rudy's, 10th birthday. He's entered a new decade of life just as I did last month. I'm not sure about you, but I'll admit right now, sometimes I take our furry friend for granted.
Rudy and I walk every day, pretty much the same route - a 40 minutes lap around the neighborhood. He sniffs and tinkles, and I pound the pavement. In my head I'm working on the next scene for my work-in-progress. For him, he's on the hunt. It's a win-win for both of us.
We're a good match, Rudy and I, as we both need to be outside every day - unless of course, it's below 20 degrees - that's our line. When I ask him if he's ready for a walk the answer in his face is always yes. If it drifts beyond "our time" he quietly walks over and sits next to me and then stares! He knows it's time! Let's Go!
We've had Golden Retrievers before Rudy, and I know that our time with him is dwindling, but for now, I'll enjoy this time together with my buddy. Until next time, let us enjoy this life we are blessed to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pie Baking Contest

I had the pleasure of entering my very first pie baking contest this July 4th holiday weekend. What a thrill that was. The judges lifted t...