Friday, April 15, 2016

Loving Days Like This One

I love days like this one. As many of you know, my second book "The Ticket" is set during the construction of Titanic. In fact, the ship is the lure for the main character, Margaret Reardon. 

I hope when you click on this article you're able to read it because it's a phenomenal story written by Christina Capecchi with the "Catholic Herald". My aunt sent it to me after reading my book because it reveals the strength of character and love for God Father Byles, a passenger on Titanic, exhibited, in the what I can only imagine, as the very worst time of his life. Capecchi tells us the priest was given more than one opportunity to board one of the lifeboats but refused in order to minister to those left behind. 

I've come to understand in my own life that our true character is revealed under the worst of times not the easy ones. What a tremendous blessing to have him on board. 

Until next time, let's enjoy the life we are blessed to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author Events

It certainly was busy this last month attending two Author Events. One at West Allis Library and the other at New Berlin Public Library...