Friday, September 20, 2013

Walking to Say Thank You


 Last Sunday, I joined my daughter, who is an employee of Children’s Hospital, and my two granddaughters in The 36th Annual Briggs & Al’s Run & Walk for Children’s Hospital.

It was a gorgeous morning and the city of Milwaukee was cleaned and polished for the event. I noticed Verde grey lamp posts lining the street, overstuffed flower baskets, clean historical buildings and beautiful Lake Michigan lying ahead of us. My nine-year-old granddaughter, Jazzy, was able to walk side-by-side with us while my eight-month-old granddaughter, Bella, rode in a stroller, a big smile on her face, unaware it was all about her.

            We joined more than 12,000 other people in the event and collectively raised more than $1 million. Wow! But our motive for participating in the walk was far more personal. Bella spent almost a month at Children’s earlier this year fighting salmonella poisoning. We nearly lost her but through God’s grace and the care she received at Children’s Hospital, she’s a healthy, robust toddler.

We walked together to say thank you, God bless you, and keep up the kind of care you offer to patients every single day of every year.

 How very blessed we are to have Children’s Hospital within our reach.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Romance Release Day Drawing Near!!

December 1st will be a special day for me because my Christmas romance in eBook format will be released to retailers including Amazon, ...