Sunday, September 1, 2013

Seattle, Washington


What a great finale!
Seattle.
I never expected to like it as much as I did. When I thought of Seattle, I mistakenly associated it with gray skies and rain. Our Amtrak excursion from Vancouver to Seattle certainly proved me wrong. 

The very first adventure we decided to take was a visit to the Boeing Space and Flight Center. After touring the facility, we signed up for the ninety-minute factory tour which turned out to be fantastic. I had no idea that more than 40,000 people worked at this facility. The tour detailed every step of the way in building the 747, 767, 777 and 787 jets. We saw it all!

Pike Place Market overlooks Elliott Bay waterfront in downtown Seattle and is most likely the top tourist attraction, but I just had to see it. I wasn’t disappointed. Even though it was late in the afternoon by the time we arrived, the market was full of people shopping for fresh fish, colorful, large flowers, and beautiful vegetables. It was everything I expected and more. We decided to share a thin crust pizza and a couple of mugs of cold beer and took in all the excitement around us. On our way home, we spotted the Space Needle and agreed that our vacation was one of the best we had ever had. We were fully satisfied.

Until next time, enjoy the life we are blessed to live,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Romance Release Day Drawing Near!!

December 1st will be a special day for me because my Christmas romance in eBook format will be released to retailers including Amazon, ...