Friday, May 3, 2013

Comma and Series

I often refer to "Manual for Writers and Editors" when I need a solid resource. I would encourage you to have your own resources close at hand. No one is expected to remember all the rules, all of the time.

Today, we are looking at commas and series of three .... words, phrases, and clauses joined in a series are often separated by commas.

Notice the parallel constructions - we'll talk about that more next time.

Examples:

A) Men, women, and children attended the showing.

B) His job required him to pack quickly, to travel often, and to have no personal life.

C) She responded eloquently while newspaper reporters asked questions, photographs shot pictures, and onlookers pushed closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Romance Release Day Drawing Near!!

December 1st will be a special day for me because my Christmas romance in eBook format will be released to retailers including Amazon, ...