Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Comma and Adjective

I found another interesting rule concerning commas. I'm most attracted to those we tend to forget about - so I'm hoping this helps rekindle those memories out there.

1. Insert a comma between two adjectives if the word and can be inserted in between them. If not, do not use a comma.

Some examples:
1. She is a beautiful, bright woman.
2. The plot was stunning for its vast expanse, tall trees.
3. They had reservations at a less expensive winter retreat.
4. The couple who walked into the foyer each wore white tailored clothing.
There are so many more comma rules. We'll get through them one by one. Until next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pie Baking Contest

I had the pleasure of entering my very first pie baking contest this July 4th holiday weekend. What a thrill that was. The judges lifted t...